Monday, August 8, 2011

Perspective

As people can see from my previous Facebook statuses, I'm getting frustrated with the whole job search. I feel like I am applying everywhere I am possibly qualified and there are jobs that I think I would be really excellent at. Unfortunately, I guess none of the employers feel the same way. I just wish I knew what I was doing wrong (if anything at all).

On another hand, as frustrating as this is, I really can't complain about anything. I feel like I should consider myself very lucky to even have the opportunity to search for a job I would really love and not have to take just any job I can get (ex: Braums is hiring). I have been truly blessed with a wonderful, understanding, loving [insert more mushy gushy words here] husband who loves that he is able to provide for us. I have many things to be thankful for. I have air conditioning, I can go to the grocery store whenever I need to and not have to worry about the next paycheck coming around, I at least have my dog to keep me company, my husband is here and not on deployment, and so many more things that make the fact that I haven't found a job yet seem so miniscule.

One more thing that I wanted to make sure I shared with everyone. Justin and I found a church! There is a small church that is a network of LifeChurch.tv. Ours is called Anewchurch.tv and it definitely is the perfect fit for us. We have already met so many wonderful people and I can't wait to get more involved. The sermon for this week was talking about being bold. I haven't felt that touched by a sermon in a LONG time and I really felt God was speaking to me to pray for not only boldness, but miracles. A goal I am setting for myself is to branch my prayers out so they don't necessarily effect me. I believe I will feel more fulfilled and BOLD and overall better about my relationship with God. I have many friends and family who I know will keep me accountable.

Moral of the blog: God is GOOD and I am BLESSED!...and BOLD!

1 comment:

  1. Such an encouraging post! So excited to read about God working in you, friend, hope the job search ends soon!

    ReplyDelete