Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year...New Location

I know that I hoped for a calmer year than the previous. However, I also knew that a move was upon us. Military life is always there to keep you guessing. A remember a few months ago when Justin and I were on our Friday night dinner date, he said that he was almost 100% positive of where our move would take us. I immediately told him to keep his mouth shut and to not tell anybody where he thought we were going because if I knew the navy, we would end up going somewhere completely different...

In December, Justin became T-6 complete. Hallelujah!! I thought we would know within days where our next destination would be. Alas, the navy decided that there would be no more track selects for the 2011 year. We would have to wait until the beginning of January...

In the meantime, we enjoyed time with family and friends, I kept up my work at the Youth Center, and Justin enjoyed a few weeks of well-deserved off time. We watched movies, played on our XBox and Kinect, and I figured out how to work my Nook. As relaxing as it was, I still yearned to know where we would be next...

Finally! 2012 was upon us! We rung in the new year in style...


Now there was only a couple more days to wait. Oh, the anticipation is killing me! Is it killing you as your reading this post?

Now, the day is upon us. I've had butterflies in my stomach all morning. Hoping and praying that Justin got what he wanted. You just never know. Then, at 11:12 AM, I got the call....

"Baby. We're headed to Corpus Christi. I selected P-3."

Oh, joy! My eyes got all misty. I'm just so excited and happy that Justin got what he wanted and believe it or not, we are headed EXACTLY where he thought. Justin starts training quick, so we will be headed out of Enid in a few weeks. Lots to do, but I'm excited for the adventure that lies ahead! Although a bittersweet time, I hate change. I'm not looking forward to saying goodbye to the kids and my coworkers at the Youth Center, I cringe at the thought of not having friends or family within a 1 or 2 hour drive. However, I'm excited to see what lies ahead for me and for Justin in Corpus Christi. I get to live by a beach for the first time ever AND my Nana and Doman are currently in South Padre Island, which is just a few hours away from Corpus. So, I'M READY!!

I want to thank everyone who has supported us so far. You all are the best! Now, I want to know how many of you skipped to the end to find out where we were going ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment