Thursday, January 19, 2012

Track Select!

Although Justin's track select was 2 weeks ago (see previous blog post), all of the Air Force dudes of class 12-12 had their track select yesterday. Although the Air Force guys don't move anywhere different after track select, it's still a big deal. Therefore, they make a whole day out of it! And it was a blast! First, the class had a breakfast for them, IPs, family, and spouses. Next, we got to go on tours of the flight line AND THEN I got to fly one of the simulators!


T-6 up close and personal! I thought this was so cool because they don't allow unauthorized people on the flight line. This is what Justin has been flying the last 5 months.


Then we got to go on the catwalk on the base tower. It was quite a climb! Just an incredible view though! T-6 nation! Planes constantly taking off and landing. Pretty neat!!


This is the closest I'll ever get to flying in a T-6 ;)


My favorite part! I got to fly a legit pilot training flight simulator! And I did a pretty good job too! 

What a fun day it was! Not everyone gets the opportunity to do and see the things I did. But, I guess it's just another....day in the life of a navy wife :)

No comments:

Post a Comment