Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Peace

Hello, everybody! I know I have been slacking on my blogging. Usually I have no problem getting a hit of inspiration at least once or twice a month for something interesting to write about. I guess you could call it writer's block? But, I digress...

 I have written in a previous post about "paddling on" throughout life sometimes. You know what I mean, nothing good is happening, but nothing bad is happening either. I have been living in Florida for about a month and a half now. It sure seems that time is flying by even though I feel that not a lot is happening. After the move, Justin went to survival training. It was fairly uneventful (for me) and then a week after Justin got back we took a trip with some friends to DisneyWorld.

Jennie, Bo, Justin, and myself at the Magic Kingdom :)
Now that all of the excitement is over, life for Justin and I has been pretty...boring. I hate being bored. It plain sucks. I guess I am still having a hard time adjusting to the 100 MPH lifestyle I lived in college, even though I have been out of college for over a year now. It is really hard for me to sit around, with no job, and no real social life. However, as you, my trusty readers, know, I do not like to use this blog to wallow in my own self pity. What good does that do? So what do I do? That's right! Focus on the positive!

I'll be honest here, I did have a few weeks where I was in tears most of the day. I hate not having a job. I feel like I am letting myself down, I feel like I am letting Justin down, and I overall feel that I need to be doing something meaningful and productive with my life. So, I started praying about it. And y'all, what a great thing prayer is! Although I still have not landed a job yet, I have been given a sense of peace about the whole situation. God has shown me multiple times already that He has this taken care of. He will not let Justin and I go without. I have handed this trouble over to him. I still use every resource that is given to me to help my chances of getting a good job. But, I am not worried about it anymore. I know that I will get a job that is right for me all in His timing.

Really, I have nothing to be upset about. Justin has not classed up yet, so he is at the house all day as well. Instead of focusing all of my energy on worrying about getting a job, I am enjoying the time that we get to spend together. In the military, it is either one extreme or the other it seems. No in-between here, no siree. When Justin does class up, well, let the craziness begin! So, for the time being, I am loving our time together. We get to figure out this town as a team! Life will not always be this way, so the best thing is to look for the good.

I have been wishing lately that I had more things to write about. Maybe my life is really not that interesting, or maybe I am not making an opportunity out of something that seems mundane. Anyway, there are a few purposes to this blog. One, it is a way for me to share me and Justin's life with our friends and family that we moved away from. Two, I want to be able to reach out to others. I want to be an encouragement and a shining light in someone's day. Whether you are military or not, I hope that you are able to get something out of my posts.

So, my question is this. Since I am not struck with inspiration for writing on a day-to-day basis, do you have any ideas? Is there something you want to see me write about? Questions that you want answered? I am open to any opinions and ideas. If you like, you can comment, message me on Facebook, or even Twitter. I would love to broaden my blogging horizons!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week! Hugs from Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment