Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Home Alone

AAAAHHHHH!!  
Sorry everyone, I simply couldn't resist! You may not think it's funny, but I had a good laugh. Currently, I am on day 13 of my new life in Florida. Unfortunately, 11 of those have been spent...alone. Justin is currently off in New England somewhere for survival training. I definitely have it better off than he does, but I'm not gonna lie, the last week and a half has been dreadfully boring. I consider myself introverted enough that I can survive on my own without spiraling into a depressive state and sometimes, actually enjoy the time to myself.

I always try to see the positives in any given situation. Otherwise, I doubt I'll make it out of this navy wife life with my sanity intact. So, the positives to this current situation (new location, no husband, no friends, no job) are as follows: I get the bed all to myself, I can cook fish (I love fish, the husband does not), and I get full reign of the remote. Not too bad. And in the grand scheme of things, 14 days is nothing.

Anybody who knows me knows how frugal I am. I hate spending money just out of sheer boredom. I am proud to say that while Justin has been gone, I have not gone shopping (besides for groceries) and I have not had fast food once! Yay me! I have spent the last week and a half unpacking the house, applying for jobs (fingers crossed for me, y'all!), reading, cooking, watching an embarrassingly large amount of TV, and taking pictures of my dog, India. My apologies for jamming your Facebook and Instagram feed with my dog, but she is just so cute!

Justin and India have a love/hate relationship and I was finally able to capture one of their many stare downs. I absolutely love this picture! They crack me up.

I think India could tell I had a higher level of anxiety than normal. She has done a good job acting as guard dog. Even though her favorite pastime is sleeping, I take comfort in knowing she is still on high alert.

Of course the exception to the above statement have been the super loud thunderstorms. Poor thing is not used to such loud noises, so she seeks refuge under the bed during these times.

My India dog has never played with toys. So, I found it weird that she found this stuffed bear in our guest bedroom and kept it in her bed as her snuggle friend for the day. Silly girl!

This one is just precious. She loves her new bed! Ain't she cute?!!
That's enough of the India pictures. Onto a more serious topic. I have never really lived by myself. I always had a roommate in college and right after college I married Justin. I get really panicky at night when it comes to being alone. I have always been this way, ever since I can remember (I am sure my fascination with crime shows don't help). I made sure that we got a house in a safe neighborhood, we are not in the city, and every single lock is always locked. I have pepper spray and keep my car keys by my bed. I still just cannot shake this panicky/anxious feeling I get every night that someone is just bound to break into my house!

Do any of my readers have this issue? Honestly, sometimes I feel my anxiety in these situations borders on abnormal. I know that spending nights alone in inevitable for me. So, does anyone have any tips or opinions on how to help me overcome these seemingly irrational feelings of mine?

Hopefully I have more exciting things to post about soon. But until then, hugs from Florida! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment