Sunday, August 12, 2012

Few Friends

Moving day. It is upon me. Justin has been in Jacksonville for almost a week. Now it's my turn. I had been saying that I felt that I was in denial about the whole moving process. Which is not hard since I do not have to do any packing or anything like that. Up until 3 hours ago, my house looked completely the same (with the exception of a missing handsome husband :)) Now that I have taken everything down off the walls, begun my last load of laundry, and have started making a list of belongings that I need to make sure to bring with me, I am starting to get sad.

This move has been harder on me than the previous one from Enid to Corpus Christi. I could not quite figure it out. I mean, Enid is in Oklahoma. All of my family is in Oklahoma as well as all my friends. I had a job that I loved and a little rental house Justin and I could call our own. I was thrilled to be making this move down south and see what else was out there.

A few days ago, I was relaying this thought process to my friend, Jennie, she brought up a good point--- Moving to Corpus Christi was new and exciting for me! I was going to a place I had never been before. I was going to enjoy warm weather, the beach, and all of the fun stuff living by the gulf had to offer. Now, 6 months later, another move is upon me. Except this this time, it is not exactly new and exciting. I have moved away from home, I know what it feels like to live by the beach and enjoy gorgeous weather. The newness of my new lifestyle has worn off and right now I just want some stability. That Jennie, she knows what she is talking about! Which brings me to my next point...

I have been blessed to have two wonderful women enter my life during my time here in Corpus Christi. Jennie and Shannon have been my rocks the last 6 months. Both have such valuable things to offer and contribute to our friendship and I am forever thankful for the both of them.

I joke around a lot, but I truly adore Jennie. This awesome Marine pilot knows how to have a good time, be spontaneous, and doesn't take any crap. She accepted me as the other "staple girl" in our group with open arms. She always has a couch for me to sleep on, is available for nice conversation at a weekly dinner date, and is an all around wonderful friend. She will have an amazing career as a C-130 pilot and I could not be more happy for her.

God truly had something to do with Shannon and I becoming such great friends. How ironic that we both got our masters degrees in counseling (at the same college I might add), both married Navy pilots, and both have ended up down here in Corpus Christi?! I definitely look up to Shannon, and her and Kyle have been great to Justin and I. They are always willing to give advice and Shannon has helped me in more than one stressful situation! I always looked forward to our weekly walks. It was nice to know someone who honest-to-goodness knew exactly what you were going through and is able to help process the situations. Even if all I needed to do was rant, Shannon was there and I hope I was able to extend the same courtesy. I have also thoroughly enjoyed getting to know her daughters better and I will miss them dearly as well.

Although leaving my friends makes me sad. I realize that I can choose to be upset, or see the situation in a more positive light. I have been a navy wife for a little over a year and I have already met so many different and amazing people! I try to not see it as saying "good-bye", but more "see you later". The beauty of the military is that you never know when you could cross paths with the people that you have met again! You just never know! You can tell me the chances of that are slim all you want. For me, I take comfort in knowing that there is always that possibility that I could end up in the same place as they are one of these days.

So, as my days in Corpus Christi turn into hours, I want to say thank you, Jennie and Shannon. What amazing women you both are and I am truly honored to have been blessed with your friendship! I love you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment